Highways England are announcing that works we will be undertaking in September on the A20. Drivers can read translation Click here for translation.
As the Highways England contractor for Kent & Sussex UK, we are installing the new electronic signs to allow the speed limit to vary between the national speed limit and 40mph when freight is being managed on the A20 in Kent.
As you leave the Port of Dover, you will be asked to follow a designated diversion route which is clearly signposted and will take you to the A2 and M2 motorways.
As you approach the Port of Dover from various destinations, you will be asked to follow designated diversion routes which are clearly signposted from the M25 along the A2 and M2.
Please observe the following.
- Follow the diversion route – do not take short cuts, sometimes Sat Nav’s get it wrong
- Respect our residents and the environment – we have many areas of natural beauty at these locations
- Follow the speed limits and drive with care and caution in built up areas
- Use designated parking areas only and do not enter or park within our local communities
- We are here to help you and by working together, we can help make your journey safe and problem free. Regular updates are available from www.highways.gov.uk/traffic-information